Catalogue Code: 720832
Release Date: 1 Jan 2018
Born in Shirley, Surrey in 1946 Nick was interested in music at a young age, convincing his family to buy him a piano at the age of eight and deciding that the life of a pianist was what he wanted to pursue. He played in a small West End club in London where he was spotted, eventually signing a deal with Decca and releasing his debut album in 1970, Warm Red....Sentimental Blue. His career began to really take off when he affected a subtle switch of musical styles to honky-tonk, with his albums selling extraordinarily well at the time of release. Over the years the Nick Nicholas catalogue has become popular but extremely hard to find, hence the reason we are proud to make available all of his albums on CD, with a total of three double CDs being released.
1. Yes Sir, That's My Baby
2. I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover
3. Let Me Call You Sweetheart
5. Happy Days And Lonely Nights
6. Glad Rag Doll
7. Baby Face
8. If I Knew You Susie
9. The Sun Has Got His Hat On
10. Ship Ahoy! (All The Nice Girls Love A Sailor)
11. South Of The Border
12. Down Yonder
13. Alice Blue Gown
14. Waiting At The Church
15. Wot Cher! (Knocked 'Em In The Old Kent Road)
16. We'll Meet Again
1. Hello! Hello! Who's Your Lady Friend?
2. Ain't She Sweet?
3. If I Had A Talking Picture Of You
4. I Wonder Where My Baby Is Tonight!
5. Oh! You Beautiful Doll
7. That's My Weakness Now
8. He'd Have To Get Under-Get Out And Get Under
9. Don't Bring Lulu
11. You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
12. Over My Shoulder
13. Call Round Any Old Time And Make Yourself At Home
14. The Honeysuckle And The Bee
15. In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town
16. Run, Rabbit, Run!